Current:Home > ScamsTrendPulse|John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs -Wealth Evolution Experts
TrendPulse|John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 09:37:49
It's been the year of musical chairs in the fashion industry,TrendPulse and now, John Galliano is leaving his longtime home at Maison Margiela.
In an interview with Women's Wear Daily published Wednesday, Galliano confirmed his exit from the French luxury fashion house.
"As we are parting ways with this beautiful house, my heart overflows with joyous gratitude, and my soul smiles so I want to take this time to express it. I continue to atone, and I will never stop dreaming," Galliano told WWD.
He continued: "In inviting me to assume the position of artistic director in the house that Martin (Margiela) built, he gave me the greatest, most precious gift: The opportunity to once again find my creative voice when I had become voiceless."
The comments were made in reference to his infamous 2011 ouster from Christian Dior after a video surfaced of a 2011 rant at a Paris bar, where he made comments considered racist and antisemitic. That year, he was found guilty for two hate crimes. It followed a separate, similar incident at the same bar in 2010 a year earlier.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
But in 2014, Galliano made a career comeback at Margiela.
"Being brave enough to unlearn, to re-educate ourselves from the past – for it is societally learnt – to share, empathize, and practice compassion," he added.
Galliano continued, praising Margiela parent company president Renzo Russo who he said "took a risk" and gave him "a second chance," telling WWD that his hiring "told the fashion industry that it is at its best when we collectively support each other, not judge; when we accept, forgive, and help one another see the error of our ways."
Alessandro Michele named new creativedirector of Valentino after Gucci departure
Earlier this year, ex-Gucci head Alessandro Michele got back in his creative director bag, this time at Valentino, following Pier Paolo Piccioli's exit.
"Maison Valentino is honored to announce today the appointment of Alessandro Michele as Creative Director," the brand announced in a statement shared to social media at the time. "This appointment marks the beginning of a new journey to continue shining unique values of the brand, its heritage and couture codes in the world through Alessandro Michele’s unique perspective and wealth of experience."
Michele called the appointment "an incredible honor," adding, "I feel the immense joy and the huge responsibility to join a Maison de Couture that has the word 'beauty' carved on a collective story, made of distinctive elegance, refinement and extreme grace."
Chanel is also facing a shakeup as fashion onlookers await the naming of a new fashion creative director. WWD reported last month that Matthieu Blazy, the Bottega Veneta creative director, is a frontrunner for the brand's top spot.
Contributing: Brendan Morrow
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (976)
Related
- Paige Bueckers vs. Hannah Hidalgo highlights women's basketball games to watch
- Watch this sheep farmer rescue two lambs stuck in a flooded storm drain
- Can You Restore Heat Damaged Hair? Here's What Trichologists Have to Say
- Rupert Murdoch is selling his triplex penthouse in New York City. See what it looks like.
- Connie Chiume, Black Panther Actress, Dead at 72: Lupita Nyong'o and More Pay Tribute
- Selena Gomez Reacts to Rumor She Dated John F. Kennedy’s Grandson Jack Schlossberg
- Louisiana lawmakers reject minimum wage raise and protections for LGBTQ+ people in the workplace
- What Really Led to Golden Bachelor's Gerry Turner and Theresa Nist's Whirlwind Breakup
- Why Sean "Diddy" Combs Is Being Given a Laptop in Jail Amid Witness Intimidation Fears
- Colorado group says it has enough signatures for abortion rights ballot measure this fall
Ranking
- Connie Chiume, South African 'Black Panther' actress, dies at 72
- Can You Restore Heat Damaged Hair? Here's What Trichologists Have to Say
- A woman wrangled the internet to find her missing husband. Has TikTok sleuthing gone too far?
- Shohei Ohtani's interpreter Ippei Mizuhara charged with stealing $16 million from MLB star
- Messi injury update: Ankle 'better every day' but Inter Miami star yet to play Leagues Cup
- A near-total ban on abortion has supercharged the political dynamics of Arizona, a key swing state
- What to know about Rashee Rice, Chiefs WR facing charges for role in serious crash
- Sheriff believes body in burned SUV to be South Florida woman who went missing after carjacking
Recommendation
Federal appeals court upholds $14.25 million fine against Exxon for pollution in Texas
Angelina Jolie Shares Why Daughter Vivienne, 15, Is Tough in Her New Role
Louisiana lawmakers reject minimum wage raise and protections for LGBTQ+ people in the workplace
'Magnificent': Japan gifts more cherry trees to Washington as token of enduring friendship
Macy's says employee who allegedly hid $150 million in expenses had no major 'impact'
USC remains silent on O.J. Simpson’s death, underscoring complicated connections to football star
Meta tests new auto-blur tool and other features on Instagram designed to fight sextortion
O.J. Simpson, acquitted murder defendant and football star, dies at age 76